When many people purchase a new house there are always things you didn’t notice on the last inspection or didn’t even think about needing. To help you out please find a list of the top items you could use for a new house below. These items also make great gifts for someone you now has just bought as house.
- Zip ties
- Duct tape – Useful for sealing any gaps or holes quickly.
- Bungee cords – Great for moving the Christmas tree along with anything else you need to bundle to your car.
- A tarp – Helpful for yard work, useful in case your grill cover blows away, can help cover a broken screen, and can even be used as a drop cloth while painting.
Have a broken screen panel on your screened in porch from the same storm? Hang that tarp.
Need a drop cloth while you paint your kitchen? You get yourself a tarp.
Need to catch branches on the ground while your prune your trees? Get a bucket.
- Flashlight with extra batteries – In case of a power outage or other emergency.
- Fire extinguisher – One for each floor, along with one in the kitchen and garage.
- Studfinder – Great tool for fining the right place to hang anything you need.
- Toilet plunger – Better to be ready for what might happen and not be s… out of luck.
- Long high quality extension cord – You never know when the power might go out in a room or area and how far away that place might be.
- High quality hose – You will need it for a long time so make sure it lasts and doesn’t leak.
- Tool set – Start with a cheap one but as tools break from use understand which one’s are used the most off and slowly replace them with the best quality one’s you can afford.
- Carpet cleaning machine – Spring the couple hundred dollars and keep your house clean.
- Ladder – Useful for changing light bulbs, cleaning gutters, and anything else you can’t reach on your own.
- Carbon monoxide detector – Better to be safe than sorry.
- Level – A very helpful tool to check if pictures you are hanging are flat or any other project you are working on.
- Voltage pen – To easily make sure the various outlets are wired well and won’t zap you or your appliances.
- Dolly – To move heavy items around easily.
- Make sure the house receives cellular signal and if it doesn’t look into getting a signal boosting device or make sure you are utilizing Wifi when calling.
- Cash – You will never know when the pipe will leak or what other small issues will come up.